Do you want to stream Kodi on Smart TV? Are you looking to enjoy the best movie or TV shows experience on your home theatre? This guide will show you how to install Kodi on LG, Vizio or Samsung Smart TV’s and stream your favorite TV shows and movies on the big screen easily. For those who don’t know what Kodi is, it’s a free open-source software which has thousands of movies, songs, videos, TV shows to entertain and make your day more than amazing.
It basically helps you to bring all the content together digitally and allows to share it across multiple devices. We decided to create this simple guide on how to install Kodi on Smart TV’s so that our readers are able to utilise Kodi’s awesome capabilities.
For anything that you need to watch on Kodi, you will need a Add-on. There are tons of add-ons for watching videos, movies, TV shows etc. We also shared the Afdah Kodi add-on guide that allows you to watch movies on Kodi. These Add-ons make it the best home theatre software available today. Either you own an LG, Vizio or Samsung Smart TV, you will get all the guidance about if it’s possible to install Kodi on Smart TV, if yes, then how to do it in simple steps.
Is it Possible to Install Kodi on Smart TV?
Kodi is officially only available for Android OS and anyone can download it from the Google Play Store. If you are smart enough, you would get that Kodi can be only installed on those Smart TV’s that run on Android operating system.
If you have a Smart TV that is not powered by Android OS, you CANNOT install Kodi on the same. Below are the different Smart TV’s and their capability to run Kodi.
- Kodi on LG Smart TV (Android OS) – YES
- Kodi on LG Smart TV (WebOS) – NO
- Kodi on Samsung Smart TV (Android OS) – YES
- Kodi on Samsung Smart TV (Tizen OS) – NO
- Kodi on Vizio Smart TV (Android OS) – YES
How to Install Kodi On Samsung Smart TV
You can get the Kodi Android app on Samsung Smart TV if it’s running on Android OS. Though the majority of the Samsung Smart TVs run on the Tizen and Kodi on Tizen OS is not available as of now. So here’s the procedure to install Kodi on Samsung Smart TV:
- Go to Google Play Store on your Smart TV
- Search for “Kodi”
- Install it on your Smart TV by following the on-screen instructions
This is the way you can get the Kodi Samsung Smart TV app. Now you are almost done, all you need to do is open Kodi and install your preferred Add-ons for watching movies, TV shows etc. You can install the 123Movies Kodi add-on to watch the latest movies or TV shows.
If you do not have Google Play Store on your Android powered Samsung Smart TV, then you need to follow the below steps:
- Download Kodi from the official website
- Transfer it to your TV using a USB flash drive
- Also install the ES File Explorer or any other app
- Install the Kodi APK on your Samsung Smart TV
How to Install Kodi on Samsung Smart TV Without Android OS
This is how you can enjoy your favorite movies or TV shows all day long on the Kodi Samsung Smart TV. You can also get an Android player like Nexus player or Nvidia Shield or a Kodi Roku streaming stick and enjoy Kodi on Samsung Smart TV if it’s not running on Android OS.
How to Install Kodi on LG Smart TV (Kodi WebOS)
One of the biggest brands for manufacturing electronics is LG. The LG Smart TV Kodi app can be got in a really easy way. Most of the LG Smart TV’s are powered by Android OS, so you might fall lucky here. You can easily install Kodi on LG Smart TV by following the steps given below. There are many LG Smart TV’s that run on WebOS as well. But you cannot run Kodi WebOS as Kodi supports only Android devices currently. Check the steps below to download Kodi on LG Smart TV:
- Open Google Play Store on your LG Smart TV
- Search for “Kodi”
- Install it on your system and you are done!
Get your favorite add-ons to download different movies, TV shows, videos and more right on your TV sets.
How to Install Kodi on Vizio Smart TV
You can even install Kodi on Vizio Smart TV but you will have to follow a different method because you will need an Android client to do this. You can get a Roku stick, Firestick or Android TV box for the same. Read the below steps to implement this:
- Get a FireStick or Android TV box to add Kodi to your Smart TV
- Plug the Android TV stick in to your Vizio SmartTV
- Install Kodi on the Android TV stick by going to the Google Play Store in the Android TV stick’s main menu, then select the
- Open Google Play Store
- Search for “kodi”
- Select Kodi
- Install the app now
- Launch Kodi and install your favorite Add-ons and start streaming movies, videos etc.
Things to Consider while Buying An Android Smart TV
There are a lot of pros of buying an Android powered Smart TV, let us discuss some of them:
- Android is open source and allows a lot of apps to be downloaded
- Processor & RAM of a Smart TV are very crucial for streaming movies and HD content (eg. Kodi Samsung Smart TV)
- The content should be transferable to the Smart TV via USB flash drive
- Hardware and software support are things to be checked most of all (eg. Kodi Smart TV)
We recommend you to think wisely and invest in the best option that suits your home and family. The investment in your entertainment is the best buck you can spend. Kodi for Samsung, LG & Vizio Android powered Smart TVs is a great app and will give you a lot of stuff here and there to enjoy. We hope our guide to install Kodi on Smart TV helped you solve your problem. Feel free to comment below your queries or request, we will help asap. Share the article and thanks for reading. Keep visiting!