Got yourselves a new iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus? Well, that’s wonderful! But do you know how to use all the latest features it boasts and make the most out of it? Today, we are going to share some of the best iPhone 7 tips and tricks which you can learn and use on your newest gift to yourself. iPhone 7 has some superb surprises for us like the incredible 3D touch, water-resistant quality and the removal of the headphone jack and more such new technologies included or excluded. Though the new iPhone 7 has been praised a lot, so we decided to take a closer look at it and share the best iPhone 7 hacks and tips which one can learn and become a pro user of this latest wonder in the smartphone world.
iPhone 7 Tips and Tricks
We have compiled a full list of iPhone 7 tips and tricks so that you do not have to look or go anywhere else. Just the below super list of features and learn how to use them by following the guidelines written. We hope you enjoy the article, grab a beer and your iPhone 7 and start reading!
1. How to Restart iPhone 7
If you are looking to force restart iPhone 7, then you need to know that the method has changed a little bit from the iPhone 6 device. In the latest iPhone, you need to press and hold the Power + Volume Down button on the opposite side at the same time. Keep both the buttons pressed until the Apple logo reappears and this will start the reboot.
2. How to Adjust iPhone 7 New Home Button Feedback Level
Since the new Home button doesn’t move at all, it uses the haptic feedback technology to stimulate the button’s feel. The amount of pressure you apply on the Home button determines whether the phone will be unlocked or not. If you wish to adjust these levels, just go to Settings > General > Home Button and choose the most natural feedback that suits your finger.
3. How to Lock in the Zoom on the iPhone 7 Plus
While you are recording a video, by locking the new Optical Zoom feature you can avoid switching between the wide-angle and telephoto lenses which will also stop the flickering image. Go to Settings, select Photos & Camera, and then tap on Record Video. There will be an option named Lock Camera Lens just click on the slider to deactivate/lock it. This is one of the coolest iPhone 7 camera trick you will find.
4. How to Enable Rest Finger to Unlock Phone Feature in iPhone 7
In the latest iOS 10, you need to compulsorily press the Home button and not just rest your finger on it as you used to in order to unlock your device. This is quite shocking to a lot of iPhone users. We have found a simple way to revert back to the old way of unlocking it. You just need to go to Settings > General > Accessibility, and find the Home Button option. Just move the slider and turn on the Rest Finger to Open feature.
5. How to Turn Off Raise to Wake Feature in iPhone 7
The Raise to Wake feature allows the users to take the advantage of the new ‘Rich Notifications‘ feature that allows a user to view photos, videos or reply to messages right from their home-screen without having to unlock your phone. For those users, who don’t want their iPhone to wake up every time they lift it, can follow the below steps to disable Raise to Wake feature.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- Find and choose Display & Brightness
- Tap the Raise the Wake toggle switch so it is OFF/WHITEHow to Use Earpods with iPhone 7 no Headphone jack
6. How to Shoot Videos in 4K resolution on iPhone 7
Want to shoot videos in 4K ultra HD? Well, with iPhone 7 in your hands, you can do it easily but bare in mind that one minute of recording will take upto 350MB space. This is insane but freakin’ awesome as well, right?
- Open Settings and go to Photos & Camera
- Scroll down to the Camera section
- Choose the Record Video option and click on 4K at 30 fps
7. How to Disable Haptic Feedback on iPhone 7
Apple has integrated the Taptic Engine that creates vibrations on the phone whenever you touch the Home Button. This has been basically applied in order to improve the capabilities of the device though many users also find it distracting. Stay rest assured as you can disable this functionality by following the below:
- Open Settings and go to Sounds & Haptics
- Scroll to the bottom and find System Haptics with a slider option
- Turn it OFF by clicking on it (it should turn white not green)
8. How to Access Camera Right from Home Screen on iPhone 7
Can’t find the Camera icon on the home-screen of the latest iPhone you just bought? It’s very easy to start your camera right from your home screen without unlocking your device. Just swipe left and you will be all set to click pictures with the majorly revamped camera of iPhone 7.
9. How to Change Vibration on iPhone 7
You can change your Vibration settings on your iPhone 7 Plus devices by just following these simple steps:
- Open Settings and go to Sounds
- Browse for the option you want to increase vibration, either text, mail, incoming calls or any other alert
- Select Vibration from the top of your screen
- Click on Create New Vibration and adjust the level of vibration according to you need
10. How To Move and Delete Apps on iPhone 7 With 3D Touch
Below are the steps following which you can learn how to remove app from iPhone 7 without any problems.
- Go to the home screen that contains the app you want to delete/move
- Just touch and hold the app gently for about 2 seconds until all icon starts jiggling
- Tap on ‘X’ on the top right corner of the app which you wish to delete
- Select Delete and press Home Screen to save the changes
11. How to Edit Live Photos on iPhone 7
- Select the photo in question and tap the Edit button at the bottom of the photo
- You can either crop, adjust color, brightness, straighten or even add a filter to the image with the animation
12. How to Reset iPhone 7 to Factory Settings
There are two options to reset your iPhone to the factory settings. We are giving you the most simplest one. It might take an hour or so, if you have many apps installed and other data.
- Open Settings and then on General
- Scroll to the bottom of the General tab and click on Reset
- Tap “Erase all Content and Settings.”
- Enter your passcode (if set) and confirm your reset by tapping “Erase iPhone.”
13. How to Set Up Voicemail on iPhone 7
- On your home screen, click on the Phone icon > Voicemail icon
Note: You could be directed to the automated Voice Mail system at this time. If so, follow the voice prompts to set up your Voice Mail and greeting instead of completing the steps below
- Click on Set Up Now
Note: If the ‘Set Up Now’ pop-up does not appear, your voice mail has already been set up. Simply tap Greeting in the upper-left of the voice mail screen and begin at step 6
- Enter a password then tap Done
- Re-enter the password then tap done
- Click on Custom to record a greeting
- Click on Record to begin
14. How to Send Balloons on iPhone 7
There are a lot of effects which you can use to beautify your messages when sending to your friends or loved ones. These effects are categorised as Bubble and Screen effects. If you wish to use the balloon effect, then just follow the steps below:
- Open Messages on your iPhone 7 and type a message to send
- Hold down the Send button and the effects menu will pop up
- Click on ‘Screen‘ and the different effects will be viewed
- Select the balloon effect as you see in the image and you are done!
15. How to Take Screenshot in iPhone 7
Taking screenshot on iPhone 7 is really easy, as you just need to follow the same procedure you used to follow for your previous iPhone device. Just hold the power button on the right hand side and tap the Home Button simultaneously to take a screenshot on your iPhone device.
16. How to Block Number on iPhone 7
If you want to block any contact on iPhone 7, you can use two methods. One choice is to go to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking and Identification > Block Contact and add the phone number which you wish to block. Another option is to use the ‘Do Not Disturb‘ feature, just go to Settings and activate this feature and add a phone number which you don’t wish to block while all other calls will be blocked.
17. How to Save Battery on iPhone 7
Below are some of the best tips to save battery on iPhone 7, feel free to add your ideas via comments as well:
- Always keep your software up-to-date
- Enable Low power mode
- Remove battery case while charging the device
- Turn off Wifi, Bluetooth and Cellular data when not in use
- Set Auto-Lock interval from Settings>> General>> Auto-Lock and set the interval to a short duration
18. How to Unlock iPhone 7 Without Passcode
You can use the Rest Finger to Unlock feature as described in one of the steps to unlock iPhone 7 without passcode. Another alternative is to use the Home button haptic feedback option in which you just need to apply the natural pressure on the button and the phone will be unlocked.
19. How to Use Portrait Mode iPhone 7 (More)
- Line up the shot you wish to take within 8 feet of your subject. The face and body detection should automatically identify your subject
- Pay attention to the Camera app’s prompts (either “More light required,” “Place subject within 8 feet,” or “Move farther away”
- Once you’ve met the camera’s needs, you’ll see a yellow banner at the bottom that reads “Depth Effect”. You can then take a photo at any time
20. How to Clear all Notifications at Once in iPhone 7
Just force press the ‘x‘ on the notifications pull over and select ‘Clear All Notifications’. This will make all the unread notifications disappear and you will have a clean tray. This is a great feature in the 3D touch-enabled iPhone 7 because people had to clear all notifications one by one earlier which took a lot of time. By force pressing on the left edge of the screen you can even quickly switch between different apps.
21. How to View Song Lyrics in the Music App in iOS 10
- Open Music app and go to Now Playing screen by tapping the mini-player at the bottom
- Now from the options menu (3 dots in bottom right corner), you can select ‘Lyrics‘
- The Lyrics button won’t appear if they aren’t available for a particular song
BONUS TRICK: Send Invisible Messages on iPhone 7
[indeed-social-locker sm_list=’fb,tw,go1′ sm_template=’ism_template_1′ sm_list_align=’horizontal’ sm_display_counts=’true’ sm_display_full_name=’true’ unlock_type=2 locker_template=3 sm_d_text=’
This content is locked
Share to Unlock the Golden Content!’ ism_overlock=’blur’ disable_mobile=1 ]
- Open Messages on your iPhone 7 device
- Write the message you want to send and then ‘Press & Hold’ the Send button
- Select the text and then choose ‘Invisible Ink‘ from the Bubble effects and send this to prank your friends
So this was the full list of some amazing and fantastic iPhone 7 tips and tricks which we could discover in our experience and on the web. We would appreciate if you could share this article if you loved reading it. If you face any kind of problems/issues related to iPhone 7, please comment below. We will try our best to solve your query. Cheers!